Dick Libby PNW Folk Art Norwegian Fish Brass Wood from 1896 Salmon Weathervane
It measures 18 inches long. It is signed on the back. According to it's card it is a Norwegian Salmon Weathervane (Christiania is now Oslo)- the phrase refers to the influential Norwegian Aass family: Aass folk are Vikings strong of heart, mind, disposition and inclination (1896). It has a wire hanger on the back and is in overall good condition. All my pieces are estate items, vintage or antique and beautiful. This would make a lovely and unusual gift! My packaged box weighs 1 pounds for safety. Check out my other items.
Be sure to add me to your favorites list. I will be listing items from a recent jewelry estate I bought. I was voted the best antique store in Skagit county in the 2014,2017,2019,2021. I sell quality antique and vintage items and pack them carefully, so they arrive to you intact, in a timely fashion.
This item is in the category "Art\Art Sculptures". The seller is "pams-past-times" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Size: Medium
- Region of Origin: Seattle, Wa.
- Artist: Dick Libby
- Production Technique: mixed media
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Style: Folk Art
- Item Height: 5 inches
- Material: Brass, Wood
- Time Period Produced: 1960-2000 ?
- Format: folk art wall hanging
- Type: Fish Plaque
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Subject: Fish & Water Animals
- Culture: Norwegian
- Item Length: 18 inches
- Signed: Yes
- Year of Production: unkown
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece